Saturday, March 21, 2009

Alcoholics-5 song demo

Photobucket


Alright, this band rules. Someone I used to work with a few years back had this on wax, and ever since I heard it I've been in love. I haven't seen this for sale anywhere, ever. And if I had it would probably fetch upwards of $300. The only info I could find is from the FLEX book, which is typical for stuff like this. Alcoholics were from LA, I believe this is from 1980, possibly '79. Every aspect of these songs are truly unique, and perfect. Simple catchy guitar hooks, tight drum licks and strange, crude lyrics. I am surprised that none of these songs have ever popped up on a Hyped2Death or KBD comp, or any other classic rare punk comps. If you have never heard this, seriously download it. It's probably the only way you will get a chance to hear it, unless you are a billionaire.

Alcolholics- 5 Songs

2 comments:

M i r n a said...

Hey! Do you know about Out of Order records?
http://www.outoforderrecords.com
They have a radio station where they play that, the Wipers, Nips and stuff like that...

Anonymous said...

ryan - what else do the alcoholics have out besides the 5 song demo?