Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Angelface - A Wild Odyssey

A very mysterious Stooges sound-alike band from late 70s/early 80s France...The opening track is about a minute and a half of scary wolf howls, and then breaks into the most raw, primal sounding rock & roll you've ever heard, since the Stooges that is, of course. This could actually BE Iggy Pop singing for all I know or care, and it's in French which makes it even cooler. I picked up this nifty bootleg CD from Rockit Science on St Marks, after hearing them play it in the shop. It's worth picking up, for sure. Couldn't find anything about them on the internet, until I got the bright idea to try 'Google France', which I never knew existed...Anyway, the bootleg has their album 'A Wild Odyssey', as well as some live tracks from some French punk festival. Check it out if you can get a hold of it. My guess is the original album is worth hundreds.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'm gonna swing by Rockit Science to see if they have another copy of this. Weird bootlegs are probably the biggest perk about checking out record stores. Rebel Rebel had a few boots of the Fun Things ep a while ago.